Fabrizio Caprioli, the former executive chef of poster child supperclub Buonanotte, has a new Mile End venture with wife Danielle Robichaud and brother-in-law Germain Robichaud.
Barcola is part café and part bistro, with a menu that suggests Italian, in spurts. From Yelp:
Trendy italian cafe bistro in the heart of the Mile-End. We serve coffee and pastries, lunch, dinner and brunch on the weekend.
Here is what else we know about the ave. du Parc newcomer.
· Barcola takes over from defunct Chilean restaurant Bistro Araucaria.
· Management has done well to court les blogueuses thusfar, most notably here and here.
· Audiophiles take note: the restaurant has a collection of classic jazz records.
· Reservations and walk-ins welcome.
· Open Wednesday to Sunday for breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
· They cater too.
· In a decidedly un-Mile End move, the owners have made the decision to serve Nespresso® coffee.
· Barcola [Facebook]