clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Report on Restaurant Industry Delivers Data Porn

If you buy something from an Eater link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics policy.

mtlrestos.jpg[Image: Google Maps]

CHD Expert, a Chicago firm that allegedly provides "excellence in global foodservice information", released a report today on Canada's restaurant landscape. It came with a juicy infographic.

But first some choice - and, often, hilariously clinical - data porn from the report. Evidently, this is the theoretical womb from whence restaurant "concepts" are born (note: italics strictly for comical effect).

· 75.8 percent of Canada's total restaurants are located in three of the country's ten provinces: Ontario (29,874 restaurants), Quebec (13,726 restaurants), and British Columbia (13,718 restaurants).
· 65.4 percent of Canada's total restaurant market landscape is made up of independent units, while the other 34.6 percent are chain restaurants (ten or more under the same brand).
· Top ten most common different menu types in Canada: Varied Menu, Pizza & Pasta, Beverages, Sandwich/Soup, Other Asian, Hamburgers, Chinese, European, Steaks/Seafood, and Chicken.

Infographic on Canada's Restaurant Industry


canadian-restaurant-industry-2013.jpg

· CHD Expert Report on Canada's Restaurant Industry [PRWeb]

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Montreal newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world