James Franco is in town to shoot the new Wim Wenders 3D flick Everything Will Be Fine, with Marie-Josée Croze, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Rachel McAdams. Between scenes and, presumably, quality bro time with This Is the End co-star and Montreal native Jay Baruchel, Franco has been a constant at Mile End dive café Club Social.
Former heavyweight champ Evander Holyfield made an appearance at Moishes for a Montreal Children's Hospital and Hôpital Sainte-Justine charity event. The iconic steakhouse is celebrating its 75th anniversary with a series of fundraisers over the coming months.
Finally, Club Salsathèque was hipster HQ last night after word leaked of a "secret" Arcade Fire show in support of Reflektor, the follow-up to the 2011 Grammy Album of the Year The Suburbs. The Montreal band played in front of a small, garishly-dressed crowd of 200 (although thousands more will claim to have been there in a decade's time).
· Wim Wenders shot Patrick Watson concert scene at Outremont Theatre, with James Franco and Marie-Josée Croze [The Gazette]
· Unknown band at Montreal salsa club turns out to be Arcade Fire [Maclean's]
· Club Social [Official Facebook]
· Moishes [Official Facebook]
· Club Salsathèque [Official Site]