More than a week after a fire razed their newly minted restaurant, the owners of Mile End's Sel Gras have put up a cash reward in exchange for information.
10 000$ REWARD !... offered to anyone who has information leading to an arrest in last Tuesday morning's fire at Restaurant Sel Restaurant Sel Gras 5245 St-Laurent (around 3:45am) Police are suspecting arson. If you know anyone with any information, please contact police station #37 at 514-280-0137 or at 514-280-3096 Please share. Montreal has acquired a level of infamy in recent years because of café, nightclub and restaurant firebombings. Prior to the Sel Gras blaze, however, such mob-related incidents had overwhelmingly drawn the arson squad to the likes of Montreal North and St-Léonard.
· Fire rips through newly-opened restaurant on the Main [CTV]
· Mile End restaurant owners concerned after fire [CBC]
· Mile End resto: Dream goes up in smoke [The Gazette]
· All Sel Gras Coverage on Eater [Eater MTL]
· Sel Gras [Official Facebook]
[Photos: David Martin]
Sel Gras Offers $10,000 Reward for Arson Info
by Ian Harrison