Huge news for fans of Sri Lankan cuisine and, specifically, fans of Gamini Karunanayake. Karunanayake works at Gus on Beaubien, where his staff meal prowess is legend, but has held a number of teaser pop-ups in the past with food from his native country front and centre.
The next one will drop this Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Little Italy wine agency La QV at 29 Beaubien Est.
Pertinent info below:
In partnership with La QV, we are happy to announce the return of Mr. Jim's Sri Lankan Canteen for three nights only, October 2, 3 and 4 from 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
Mr. Jim has been preparing some of the most anticipated staff meals in the city for years. He has also cooked for charity events in Toronto and Montreal. His food was featured in the 2010 edition of Montréal en Lumière receiving critical attention from La Presse's Robert Beauchemin.
· Goat kid roti, coconut, lime 9.75
· Chicken fried rice, chicken strips, leeks and basmati rice 7.25
· Vegetarian rice, cashew, egg, cauliflower and basmati rice 6.50
· Marinated and grilled chicken leg, tamarind, onion 8.50
· Rolled roti, daily garnish 4.25
· Coconut sambal 1.50
· Vegetable pickles 2.00
A selection of beers, wines by the glass and by the bottle selected by La QV will be available. Prices do not include tax and tip.
· NDDQ to Host Weekend Pop-Up [-EMTL-]