· Beaver Sheppard, the chef at Bethlehemm XXX, has left the experimental Little Italy restaurant to concentrate on music full-time.
· Un café en un éclair, an all-éclair pastry and coffee shop that only just opened last July, has closed. Owners Laurie Gamba and Bastien Carrasco worked previously at Europea, Laurie Raphaël, Chez L’Épicier, and Mamie Clafoutis.
· Montreal restaurants for sale: Minced, a gourmet burger restaurant on Saint-Denis ($79,000); Westmount's Bistro on the Avenue ($245,000); Longtime Plateau restaurant La Raclette ($275,000); Prato Pizzeria ($295,000); and chef Mario Navarrete, Jr.'s Callao, formerly Raza ($35,000). Says Navarrete, Jr.: "I'm moving Callao to another location in the future. New projects next year. We're still open for events."
· Mile End's Boulangerie Guillaume is open seven days a week as of today.
· Summer is officially over—Kem CoBa is closed for the season.