· Lunch service kicks off today at downtown supper club Soubois. The restaurant just nabbed one of the reviews of the year from Gazette critic Lesley Chesterman, thanks largely to chefs Guillaume Daly and S’Arto Chartier-Otis. Get it daily between 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
· Noted Mile End buvette Le Comptoir just celebrated its fifth anniversary.
· HoMa's Café Bistro Bobby McGee is about to undergo some upgrades—most notably, the restaurant has recuperated the flattop from legendary, and bygone, neighbourhood greasy spoon Chez Clo.
· It's free pizza day today at Brigade downtown, in honour of the pizzeria's first year in business. The promotion will go down between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
· The Société des Arts Technologiques' Foodlab just unveiled its latest series of 'gourmands rendezvous', which will take place between September 28 and November 16.
· Tourisme Montréal's annual MTL à TABLE event will take place between October 29 and November 8 at a number of restaurants all over the city.