Welcome to day five of the 8th annual Eater Awards, honouring the most esteemed restaurants, bars, chefs, and more in cities across the world. Here’s how the Eater Awards work: All 24 Eater cities and the national site will award prizes in multiple categories, including but not limited to Restaurant of the Year, Chef of the Year, and Design of the Year. In each category, editors will choose an editor’s choice winner and readers will vote for a reader’s choice winner — all to be announced on December 5, 2017. Editor’s choice winners will receive an illustrious tomato can trophy, as is the tradition around here. Eater will also further the fanfare, running a splashy feature about every editor’s choice winner throughout the course of the coming year.
Now, without any further ado, it’s time to vote for the reader’s choice winner in the Bar of the Year category. Nominations considered any new bar that opened from 1 October 2016 until 30 September 2017, inclusive. Polls will be open for 24 hours and will be strictly policed for funny business. Choose wisely between one of the following:
- Gokudo, doing sake cocktails and more in a tucked-away space downtown
- Le Royal, the classy new Plateau cocktail spot from the people behind wine bar Rouge Gorge
- Magdalena, doing natural wines in a lovely St-Henri space with hints of the tropics and art déco
- Riverside, with a sprawling indoor and outdoor space alongside the Canada Malting Silos in St-Henri
- Snowbird, Little Italy’s kitschy but fun new tiki bar, the only one in Montreal
What is Montreal’s Bar of the Year?
This poll is closed