Welcome to the 9th annual Eater Awards, honouring the most talented restaurant and bar industry gurus in cities across the world. Here’s how the Eater Awards work: All 24 Eater cities and the national site will grant prizes in multiple categories, including but not limited to Restaurant of the Year, Chef of the Year, and Design of the Year.
Each category will dole out an editor’s choice winner and a reader’s choice winner — all to be announced on December 5, 2018. The reader’s choice winner gets unlimited bragging rights as an Eater fan favourite. The editor’s choice winner will receive an illustrious tomato can trophy, as is the tradition around here.
Now, without any further ado, it’s time to vote for the reader’s choice winner in the Restaurant of the Year category. Nominations considered any restaurant that opened from September 2017 until August 2018, inclusive (notably, Monarque will not be eligible this year, but will be eligible in 2019). Polls will be open for 24 hours and will be strictly policed for funny business. Cast your vote for one of the following restaurants:
- Elena, the St-Henri wood-fired pizza and natural wine spot from two Nora Gray owners
- Île Flottante, the chic and creative reincarnation of Mile End’s Les Deux Singes de Montarvie
- Le Petit Mousso, the casual counterpart to the Village’s excellent Le Mousso
- Mon Lapin, the earthy new Little Italy wine nook from the Joe Beef group
- Pastel, the fanciful new culinary destination from the people behind Le Fantôme