Just like restaurants, a lot of individual caterers and self-employed chefs in Montreal are hurting right now. Large events are obviously off the table, but some are offering weekly or daily menus for takeout, delivery, or curbside pick-up during the ongoing coronavirus shut-down.
Take note that several of the below chefs and businesses run small operations, so they may not offer pick up or delivery at all hours or on all days — a number of them do weekly menus that you can easily heat at home.
- Maurín traiteur local & de saison: Maurin Arellano is offering her weekly meal service by delivery across a large swathe of the city from Villeray to the Plateau to Westmount and TMR.
- Nantha’s Kitchen: The excellent Nantha Kumar is one of very few local chefs specializing in Malaysian food (his menu also dips into Indian and Thai cuisines at times). It’s available for delivery and takeout around the Plateau and Mile-End, deliveries further afield may be an option for large orders.
- Bouchée Double: Based out of Ahuntsic, chef-caterer Antoine Dumesnil launched a special “quarantine” menu to accommodate customers. Deliveries are available to the Rive-Nord, Montreal, and Laval.
- Zoe Ford: Despite the name, this catering outfit is actually run by chef (and Top Chef Canada contestant) Jo Notkin — a weekly meal package features items like soup and salad plus mains like lemon and rosemary Tuscan chicken — delivery is available, too.
- Blé de Pays: Offers artisanal bread baked out of Mile End collective space Centrale Culinairee — it’s delivered by Maurin Arellano mostly around the Plateau, Rosemont—La-Petite-Patrie, and Villeray.
- Les 3 Maîtres Gourmands: Caterers delivering to the entire island of Montreal, Laval, the Rive-Nord up to Mirabel, as well as takeout from Laval. The menu is wide-ranging (mains, for example, range from a tagine to beef stroganoff) and includes soups, salads, roasts, stews, and more.
- Bon C Bon: Offers a weekly menu delivered to pretty much the entire island of Montreal (West Island included) and Laval.
- Avec Plaisirs: Though it’s a bigger organization, Avec Plaisirs has had to pivot its lunch boxes, breakfasts and prepared meal offerings to a no-contact delivery service aimed at individuals instead of companies.
- Mobilo Chef: Based out of Verdun, this online boutique delivers and offers pick-up for a range of classic dishes.
For restaurants turning to delivery, take-out, and curbside pick-up, check out Eater’s post. Yelp also has a growing list that is being added to constantly and includes restaurants that normally offer these services as well as those that have started to do so.